- Arguments on devaluation of Naira:
- PMB The Economist (An analysis Dr. Sani Bako)
- A Guest Post: “Boko Haram” God Fathers At War! Keep off! By Sharon Faliya
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words- a must read
Ahmad S Yaro on PMB The Economist (An analysis… Anyi on ELECTION RIGGING IN A DEMOCRAC… sulaymandauda on NIGERIA @ 50: DEMOCRATIC CHALL… augustine obaedo on NIGERIA @ 50: DEMOCRATIC CHALL… augustine obaedo on NIGERIA @ 50: DEMOCRATIC CHALL…
@Dr Nura Ali. Your analysis is quite true from other perspectives but if I may argue devaluation of Naira should be only when we’re productive to allow massive exports of our production. All that is needed to encourage local consumption lies on the ability for government to come out with taxation policies that may be difficult for the commercial bougoursies to import those unnecessary products, and at same time the need for political support to engage our industrial Bourgeois using every means incentives to revive and introduce modern industries across the Nigerian Nation. The simple arithmetic behind my assertion is if the dollar is high, it will be impossible for the industrialists both in manufacturing and agriculture to import the necessary materials and machinery for the revival of our industries. The government must ensure appreciated Naira, create a soft loans and very low tax rates to import machineries for industries. The government should also make it difficult for importations of unnecessary goods to the country like Funitures, textiles, agricultural products etc. by increasing the duty clearance to 100%, this will definitely discourage the importation of this goods and at the same time tactically encouraging patronization of local good. It is a long debate that requires so much discussion and exchange of ideas. I’ll like to conclude my little contributions with the argument that all these and many other aspects of development can never be archive without electricity. ELECTRICITY remain the backbone to every development. May GOD Help Us Amin
PMB, THE ECONOMIST!
PMB has done it again. The school cert holder (?) has done what a PhD holder could not.
Very simple economics. We buy most of our goods from China, so why must we pay the Chinese in dollars? The Chinese buy a lot of crude oil from us, so why must they pay us in dollars?
So PMB made a deal with the Chinese. We pay for the goods we buy from China in Yuan, the Chinese currency. They buy our crude oil and pay in Yuan.
The exchange rate is to be pegged at 30 Naira to one Yuan or RMB.
So how does it favour us? Simple.
The Yuan is now 6.48 to a dollar. So if you pay 30 Naira to the Yuan, that would be equivalent to 194.4 Naira to the dollar.
Since the dollar exchanges for 199 Naira, you save N4.6. 199 – 194.4 = 4.6. Simple, huh?
In simple terms, PMB has just strengthened the Naira by 9.15%!
And that’s not the end of the story. As we begin to deal in the Yuan, the demand for dollar would plummet and this in turn would weaken the dollar. It would crash to around 140 Naira to the dollar.
May God bless PMB. Can I hear an amen?!
“BOKO HARAM” GODFATHERS AT WAR! KEEP OFF!By Sharon Faliya Cham
I just love this CHANGE that has happened to Nigeria, and we can do just well to thank God Almighty for it. If not for this change in the leadership of our dear country, how could we have seen “Boko Haram” godfathers fighting and washing their stinking boxers and vests in public?
Now, to properly key you into what am saying, take a look at these conflicting statements from people of the same camp that connived to torment and kill Nigerians just for their financial and political gains:
1. “Arms: Contracts, payments endorsed by ex-president Jonathan”
~ Sambo Dasuki, Jonathan’s NSA
(Page 3, DAILY TRUST newspaper, Thursday, November 19, 2015 and page 2 of The PUNCH, and pages 1 and 6 of THE NATION, and pages 1 and 6 of THIS DAY newspaper, all of the same date)
2. “I did not award any $2 billion contract for procurement of weapons. Where did the money come from? I did not award a contract of $2bn for procurement of weapons.”
~ Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, former President
(Page 8, Saturday PUNCH, November 21, 2015 and front page of THE NATION newspaper, Saturday, November 21, 2015)
Hahahahahahaaaaa….. But please, forgive me, for this is not a laughing matter; hundreds of thousands of human lives have been lost, many towns and villages uprooted and destroyed, and millions of people turned into refugees both within and across the borders of Nigeria!
Well, so who do we believe between Sambo Dasuki and his boss Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?
First, let’s take a little trip into the statements and records of the administration of former President Jonathan and see whether we can believe anyone of them:
* Nigerians will recall that the administration officials of President Jonathan were bandying the figure of $33 billion as the sum they spent on procuring weapons to fight “Boko Haram” throughout their six years in power, and the naira equivalent of that sum was 4.62 trillion naira at that time!
* Then came Air Chief Marshall Alex Badeh, President Jonathan’s Chief of Defence Staff, with his own bombshell in early August 2015 when he was retiring from the military that the last time weapons were procured for the Nigerian military was in 2006!
This has gotten more interesting, isn’t it?
Jonathan’s administration claimed to have “invested” $33 billion in fighting “Boko Haram”; Jonathan’s Chief of Defence Staff burst the bubble that nothing was procured; Jonathan’s NSA said Jonathan approved the contracts and payments for arms “procurements”, and finally, Jonathan disowns his NSA and also said he never awarded any contract for procurement of arms!
Well! Well! Well! Rijiya! Rijiya! Rijiya! These people have all put us in a well, isn’t it? All of this stuff has become a mystery, isn’t it? Well, but how do we solve this mystery?
To solve this mystery, let’s all go back to February 2015 when all the people mentioned above connived together to force a postponement of the general elections from February to March/April 2015 when it was very clear to them that President Jonathan was going to lose woefully, and thank God he still lost after they forced the postponement! I was compelled to go back to my newspapers archive to see what happened at that time, and this is the sequence of what transpired:
1. President Jonathan convened a meeting of the National Council of State to cajole them to approve the postponement of the elections, and what he told the Council was that new weapons have been procured for the military and he wanted the elections postponed by at least six weeks so that the military would decisively crush “Boko Haram” so that the displaced people of northeast Nigeria could return to their homes and vote freely!
2. The National Council of State refused to approve that strange request, and asked that the elections be conducted as initially scheduled!
3. President Jonathan and his NSA, Sambo Dasuki, and all his military service chiefs were apparently not happy with the refusal of the National Council of State to accede to their plot to have the elections postponed. They therefore, in a very strange manner, wrote a very strange letter to INEC boss, Professor Attahiru Jega, telling him not to proceed with the elections as earlier scheduled as they could not guarantee the security of the whole electoral process on the basis that all their soldiers would be engaged in fighting “Boko Haram”!
I hope you have seen how Jonathan, Dasuki, Alex Badeh, and all the other security chiefs were united for “their common goal” at that stage?
Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you are carefully following this timeline of strange events? Hahahahaaaa….. Okay, what happened next? Alright, the following events happened:
1. Actually, there was a little halt in the activities of “Boko Haram” at that time, and this was to justify their false or bogus claims that their “new weapons” were being used in their “final war” against “Boko Haram”!
2. “Boko Haram” invaded Gombe city after all the military checkpoints leading into the city were mysteriously withdrawn, and what did “Boko Haram” do in Gombe city? Ladies and gentlemen, “Boko Haram” distributed leaflets warning the people of Gombe not to turn out for elections, and if they turned out they would be massively killed! And here, you may pause to ask yourself who was afraid of losing election in Gombe city? I thought “Boko Haram” should have distributed their leaflets in the southeast or south-south or even in some parts of “Middle Belt” in Nigeria, isn’t it?
3. Some national newspapers reported how a Nigerian Air Force helicopter was seen at that time dropping “Boko Haram” leaflets in some towns and villages in Adamawa State warning them also not to turn out for the elections! Can you beat that? An Air Force helicopter serving as courier for “Boko Haram”!
What else does anyone need to know about the godfathers of “Boko Haram”?
Well, I like it that things appear to have now fallen apart among the godfathers of “Boko Haram”, which will be to the advantage of Nigerians as it will cause them to expose themselves further and then certain other hidden facts will be revealed. I believe Sambo Dasuki will by now be feeling betrayed by his master Goodluck Jonathan over his refusal to back his claim that he approved the so called arms procurement contracts, and this will only further make things very interesting! In any case, can anyone in any administration cause the “vanishing” of billions of dollars without the express knowledge and permission of the head of such an administration? And, hey!, President Jonathan even sought the approval of the Senate to borrow $1 billion “to buy weapons” in order to fight “Boko Haram”. So, what happened to this money as well? Your guess is as good as mine, I bet!
Another dimension that could further complicate things for the godfathers of “Boko Haram” is this blazing headline on the front cover of THE NATION newspaper of Saturday, November 21, 2015. It says:
“ARMS DEAL: EX-MILITARY CHIEFS OFFER TO REFUND CONTRACT SUMS”
This only means one thing: those rogues that I now prefer to call as godfathers of “Boko Haram” actually shared all the monies they budgeted for national security among themselves, and while they were enjoying the money our people were being bombed and massacred like unwanted insects!
In the same news item under reference here, it reported that a top Nigerian and two Israeli suspects have sneaked out of the country, which reminds me of the rumour that strongly made the rounds sometime ago that a lot of the “Boko Haram” bombing operatives were trained in Israel, and don’t even bother to ask me if that were possible. But just to satisfy your curiosity I can simply refer you to Jeremiah chapter 5 verses 26 to 30.
Well, the most important thing is, “Boko Haram” godfathers are now at war with themselves, and I am happy to take a ringside seat to watch with amusement how they outdo each other. The blood of more than 300, 000 Nigerians massacred by “Boko Haram” cannot be wasted in vain!
God is always on the[truncated by WhatsApp]
Steve jobs’ Last Words -I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success.
However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.
At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.
In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of god of death drawing closer…
Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth…
Should be something that is more important:
Perhaps relationships, perhaps art, perhaps a dream from younger days
Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me.
God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.
The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me. What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.
That’s the true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on.
Love can travel a thousand miles. Life has no limit. Go where you want to go. Reach the height you want to reach. It is all in your heart and in your hands.
What is the most expensive bed in the world? Sick bed…
You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.
Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – Life.
When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – Book of Healthy Life.
Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.
Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends.
Treat yourself well. Cherish others.
100 Direct Instructions to Man From the Qur’anAllah SWT has directly given us 100 instructions through Al Quran :
1. Do not be rude in speech (3:159)
2. Restrain Anger (3:134)
3. Be good to others (4:36)
4. Do not be arrogant (7:13)
5. Forgive others for their mistakes (7:199)
6. Speak to people mildly (20:44)
7. Lower your voice (31:19)
8. Do not ridicule others (49:11)
9. Be dutiful to parents(17:23)
10. Do not say a word of disrespect to parents (17:23)
11. Do not enter parents’ private room without asking permission
12. Write down the debt (2:282)
13. Do not follow anyone blindly (2:170)
14. Grant more time to repay if the debtor is in hard time (2:280)
15. Don’t consume interest (2:275)
16. Do not engage in bribery (2:188)
17. Do not break the promise (2:177)
18. Keep the trust (2:283)
19. Do not mix the truth with falsehood (2:42)
20. Judge with justice between people (4:58)
21. Stand out firmly for justice (4:135)
22. Wealth of the dead should be distributed among his family
23. Women also have the right for inheritance (4:7)
24. Do not devour the property of orphans (4:10)
25. Protect orphans (2:220)
26. Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly (4:29)
27. Try for settlement between people (49:9)
28. Avoid suspicion (49:12)
29. Do not spy and backbite (2:283)
30. Do not spy or backbite (49:12)
31. Spend wealth in charity (57:7)
32. Encourage feeding poor (107:3)
33. Help those in need
by finding them (2:273)
34. Do not spend money extravagantly (17:29)
35. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)
36. Honor guests (51:26)
37. Order righteousness to people only after practicing it yourself
38. Do not commit abuse on the earth (2:60)
39. Do not prevent people from mosques (2:114)
40. Fight only with those who fight you (2:190)
41. Keep the etiquettes of war (2:191)
42. Do not turn back in battle (8:15)
43. No compulsion in religion (2:256)
44. Believe in all prophets (2:285)
45. Do not have sexual intercourse during menstrual period (2:222)
46. Breast feed your children for two complete years (2:233)
47. Do not even approach unlawful sexual intercourse (17:32)
48. Choose rulers by their merit (2:247)
49. Do not burden a person beyond his scope (2:286)
50. Do not become divided (3:103)
51. Think deeply about the wonders and creation of this universe
52. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)
53. Do not marry those in your blood relation (4:23)
54. Family should be led by men (4:34)
55. Do not be miserly (4:37)
56. Do not keep envy (4:54)
57. Do not kill each other (4:92)
58. Do not be an advocate for deceit (4:105)
59. Do not cooperate in sin and aggression (5:2)
60. Cooperate in righteousness (5:2)
61. ’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116)
62. Be just (5:8)
63. Punish for crimes in an exemplary way (5:38)
64. Strive against sinful and unlawful acts (5:63)
65. Dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine are prohibited (5:3)
66. Avoid intoxicants and alcohol (5:90)
67. Do not gamble (5:90)
68. Do not insult others’ deities (6:108)
69. Don’t reduce weight or measure to cheat people (6:152)
70. Eat and Drink, But Be Not Excessive (7:31)
71. Wear good cloths during prayer times (7:31)
72. protect and help those who seek protection (9:6)
73. Keep Purity (9:108)
74. Never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy (12:87)
75. Allah will forgive those who have done wrong out of ignorance
76. Invitation to God should be with wisdom and good instruction
77. No one will bear others’ sins (17:15)
78. Do not kill your children for fear of poverty (17:31)
79. Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36)
80. Keep aloof from what is vain (23:3)
81. Do not enter others’ houses without seeking permission (24:27)
82. Allah will provide security for those who believe only in Allah
83. Walk on earth in humility (25:63)
84. Do not neglect your portion of this world (28:77)
85. Invoke not any other god along with Allah (28:88)
86. Do not engage in homosexuality (29:29)
87. Enjoin right, forbid wrong (31:17)
88. Do not walk in insolence through the earth (31:18)
89. Women should not display their finery (33:33)
90. Allah forgives all sins (39:53)
91. Do not despair of the mercy of Allah (39:53)
92. Repel evil by good (41:34)
93. Decide on affairs by consultation (42:38)
94. Most noble of you is the most righteous (49:13)
95. No Monasticism in religion (57:27)
96. Those who have knowledge will be given a higher degree by
97. Treat non-Muslims in a kind and fair manner (60:8)
98. Save yourself from covetousness (64:16)
99. Seek forgiveness of Allah. He is Forgiving and Merciful (73:20)
100. Do not repel one who asks (93:10)
Let’s share with others so we can all benefit from it.
May Allah continue to guide us and make things easy 4 ol of us.
And may HE the ALMIGHTY accept and answer our IBADAT…
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI (GCFR) HAS NO SPECIAL CANDIDATE IN THE FORTHCOMING 2015 KATSINA STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS, BUT A POPULAR CHOICE PRODUCE BY THE PEOPLE OF KATSINA
The meaningful and effective engagement of citizens and other actor’s including stakeholders cut across the geographical affiliation of Nigerian polity in what is desired and expected to be emulated and displayed in our political endeavors in our societies, which will enable us to emulate the person of general Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) who is being referred to as the only inevitable ICON of democracy in the history of our nation, going by his high level moral training which he always display for the coming generation to emulate, it is of course high time for us the citizens of Katsina state to realize the fact that the only available alternative therefore is for us at this critical time to focus on refocused towards finding a lasting solution in our opposition crusade bearing in mind that the only reason why we are in opposition is to checkmate the wrong doing of the other ruling parties, but not to compromise the principles of genuine opposition group within ourselves characterized as high-level of double standard, immoralities, deceptions, and unimaginable level of jungle justice within ourselves and in some cases, due to the negligence of some party leaders, and other radical aspirants, who always put their interest and agenda above the interest of their people not minding the grave implications to their people.
To be candid this and many more avoidable maladies of this nature is what dinger us to make such a public declaration of “war against selfish gladiators” that are always willing to undermined and compromise the right and interest of many million citizens in order to achieve their selfish sponsored motives of personal aggrandizement hiding under the banner of GMB. Without regards to the grave implications to other coming generation, to this end we may say without preservation that if really we want to make difference by emulating the ideal principles of our right Honourable gentle man, the people’s general Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) who have done so much in leadership by example in various capacity and believe in the principles of good governance, justice, fairness, equity, discipline, zero tolerance to corruption this is incomparable with any sundry, non-manipulative when it comes to popular opinions, total respect to the will of the common man, just and transparent in his endeavors, total adherence to the rules of law to mention but a few.
At this juncture we are presenting a great question of self-examining to enable us have a tools and mechanism of compares cut across the geopolitical zones in our polity to see whether we may be able to have someone with similar mention qualities, which will enable us to have a team of highly principled patriots who may sacrifice themselves to salvage the interest of the masses, of course is not easy to have those that may decide to follow the process of protecting and emancipating the people from the long overdue negative syndromes of political manipulative engagement against ordinary people, even though many are attempting to consider themselves at the heir to the right Honourable gentle man icon of democracy (GMB), yes we may agree verbally but the claimant have to convince the public that he is emulating the ideal principles of (GMB), first of all he should ask and examine himself to enable him understand his own manifest in the practical aspect of his life, yes if he discovered that he will not be able to at least have 40% if not 60% to 70% of the upper mentioned golden principles of our political icon then whom is he representing or aspiring to heir? With all such claims of domination radicalism, nepotism, sectionalism, and above all unrealistic manipulative syndromes of any existing party structures especially at the state level only in the name of securing an automatic ticket, using the party structures basically speaking we may not hesitate to state categorically that any party leadership in any state is suppose to be a collection of highly respectful organ that can do justice to all aspirants so long they are among the dully registered members of the party without any element of bias of whatever kind region, status, age, and any other unwarranted criteria not withstanding but rather a popular choice candidate dully elected through the appropriate and the legal process of primary elections or any available process that can be generally accepted to the people as well as the other contestant which enable the party to display a common sense of justice through leadership by example to display effective qualities that will shape the fragile attitude of our coming generation to imbibe the cultures of democratic humanism as champion by Malam Aminu Kano who believe in fair play when it comes to a practical aspect of chosen an effective popular choice by the people through popular participation which if achieved the glory is to the advantage of the party leadership for doing an excellent job, but if in the contrary it can be viewed as a deliberate failure that can occur due to the promotion of selfish personal interest by the party leadership, which is not our wish, but if it occur then history is unforgiving this is to the detriment of the party. As such the common citizen for Katsina may not forgive any careless calculative attempt to deny them their right of having a candidate of their choice through whatever manipulative engagement.
While on the other side we must focus our attention to enable us justified the appropriateness of our methodologist put in place toward achieving our goals and dreams of producing a governor in our state under the guide and leadership of our icon of democracy (GMB) who is personally interested in nobody but a popular candidate produce and choose by the people of Katsina State to emerge as gubernatorial candidate in 2015 election without any compulsion or manipulation in the process to avoid the previous incidences as we always learn from our passed mistake to correct the future.
It is of course high time for our aspirants, stakeholders, Katsina elite, traditional leaders and youth to know the fact that ordinary citizen of Katsina state are indeed tired for the kind of unprecedented series of calculative election failures attributed due to over emphasis on the promotion of personal selfish interest. This predicament has been the bottle neck when it comes to producing a gubernatorial candidate in the state as such it is high time for the APC leadership, Katsina stakeholders and all the contestants to realize the fact that the Katsina people are in the quest of a laudable justice, political freedom and fair play when it comes to producing the gubernatorial candidate. Therefore, the cooperation and high-level maturity is what is expected from the musketeers and political gladiators of the state and those who were opportune to be at the helm of the Katsina politics.
This is to remind them that in any negative manipulative engagement there is always a negative consequences, it is therefore to their own advantage to play the card in the manner and way in which their names will be written with the golden ink, in their effort of shaping the attitude of our political machinery of the state with justice and equity and above all to concentrate on the need to produce a popular choice candidate to the people of Katsina state, this is to compliment the effort and dream of GMB of producing a popular choice candidate who is sellable and can be accepted without hitches, so that the people can come out in mass number and cast their vote to the right candidate who can attend to their needs as victims of the long overdue opposition groups, to enable us have a test of the values of democracy as citizen of Katsina state.
It is however important for us to remember the fact that the leadership of the party of the state under the present leadership should be people oriented because many have the impression that an intellectual capability to be in charge of an affair is always a golden opportunity, as such the leader as an intellect is expected to be transparent, just and promote the ethics of equity and fair play for all the contestant by not allowing himself to be used and dumped only in an attempt to win a primary election in the state we believe his ability, experiences, personality and maturity is far beyond the level of being a victims of manipulative train, it is of course in record about the roles he plays in calming and checkmating the same previous incidences of producing a manipulative candidate in the past, as such we expect him and his lieutenants to put all personal interest below the public interest, for sure he must have his own desired aspirant but we hope he will do all thing humanly possible to put the public interest ahead of personal interest, we expect him to lead a true transparent primaries to the people of Katsina state so that he can justified his statuesque to enable him have his name written in the genius record book as far as Katsina politics is concern, because people are watching to see whether justice can be prevail to the people of Katsina state, as of the people of Katsina state are not interested in any situation that can lead to their failure in the forthcoming 2015 gubernatorial election to enable us actualize the dream of having the people’s governor in Katsina.
This write up is a contribution and a reminder to the APC leadership, the people of Katsina and in particular to the opposition and progressive people of Katsina state who have suffered poor governance for decade. We must not allow selfish politicians to divide us in the name of so call dominance, all that we wanted is a qualify, credible candidate that is acceptable to the people irrespective of which ever zone he comes from. A statistic below should remind us that there have been no dominance in the opposition political struggle in Katsina state as claimed by some selfish politicians:
1999 APP Junaidu Mahmouda “Yantumaki Central
2003 ANPP Engr. Nura Khalil South
2007 ANPP Sen. Abu Ibrahim South
2011 CPC Rt. (Hon) Aminu B. Masari South
With the above statistics the people of Katsina south should be grateful to the opposition party for given them this ample opportunity. We therefore appeal to the good people of Katsina state and the APC leadership not to be carried away by people trying to generate tension as a source of our subsequent failures in previous Election since inception of the current democratization process. All that we should concentrate now is how we can unseat the ruling party from power so we can move forward.
Long Live Katsina State and Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria
1. Sulayman Dauda
2. Ubale Nalado